Ad Hoc Work orders
A one-time, specific service request
- Dispatcher fields the service request – via phone, email, or website – and “triages” the call to determine the nature of the request and assigns the work request to the appropriate Gittleman Service Division.
- Dispatcher schedules next available opening and lets requesting party know availability and confirms date and the window of time when the work will commence.
- Schedule windows are 8-12 or 12 to 4pm.
- An email notification goes out to customer listed as the service account letting them know the tech is on his/her way.
- After work is completed, an email notification goes out to customer describing the work performed.
- If follow up is required, the Gittleman technician or dispatch will schedule a return visit with customer.
- If work is complete, the work order closed and sent to accounting to generate an invoice.
- Work order is billed and a copy of the paid invoice is emailed to the customer.
Larger service request that typically requires more than one day to complete
- When a repair scope is known and defined, we generally provide free estimates for repairs exceeding $1,500
- When an issue needs to be investigated for cause before a repair can be determined, the investigation is billable
Do you need a budgetary number or ballpark cost to see if a board wants to proceed? We can generally provide these from our experience of performing or managing similar projects
Project Bid Specs
If a project is a go and you need multiple bids, you MUST have a written bid spec to get comparable bids. GCM can sometimes help write bid specs for a fee, otherwise engineers such as:
- Encompass Engineering – Structural, Building and smaller mechanical, engineering, specs, review and oversight
- HVG – Security Integrations Projects, specs, review and oversight
- Questions and Solutions – Mechanical and plumbing, investigation, engineering, specs, review and oversight and commissioning
Engineering companies will provide this service or GCM can often assist with evaluating proposals.